UNILIFE SDN BHD take our responsibilities under Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We also recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The term “Personal Data” means any information in the possession of UNILIFE SDN BHD or control of UNILIFE SDN BHD that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or are identifiable from that and other information in the possession of UNILIFE SDN BHD such as name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, etc. UNILIFE SDN BHD may “process” your Personal Data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using or disclosing it.
Your Personal Data may be collected from you during your course of dealings with UNILIFE SDN BHD in any way or manner including pursuant to any transactions and/or communications made from/with UNILIFE SDN BHD,including interactions on www.isoimalaysia.com. UNILIFE SDN BHD may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation, at any events, seminars, road shows, customer satisfaction surveys organised or sponsored by the UNILIFE SDN BHD and/or from the cookies used on the Site.
In addition, the UNILIFE SDN BHD may also receive, store and process your Personal Data which are provided or made available by any third parties, credit reference bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of UNILIFE SDN BHD products and/or services, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with the UNILIFE SDN BHD legal and regulatory obligations.
PURPOSE OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be processed for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide products and/or services to you;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints;
- to process your purchase and/or contest entry;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on the present and future appointments, other products, services and/or promotions offered by the UNILIFE SDN BHD and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time by SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
- to send you invitation to join UNILIFE SDN BHD membership, events and promotions and other events;
- to monitor, review and improve the, treatments, products and/or services that you currently have with UNILIFE SDN BHD;
- to process and analyse your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- to conduct market research or surveys, client profiling activities, planning and statistical analysis within UNILIFE SDN BHD.
- to share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for UNILIFE SDN BHD internal audit purposes;
- to share any of your Personal Data with a third party necessary for the preparation of legal documents or contract to be entered by you with UNILIFE SDN BHD.
- to share any of your Personal Data with a third party necessary for the purpose of applying and obtaining insurance policy(ies), where necessary;
- to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping;
- for registration for a user account with UNILIFE SDN BHD
- for internal administrative purposes;
- for audit and risk management purposes;
- for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- for direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to the UNILIFE SDN BHD;
- to enforce or defend UNILIFE SDN BHD rights and your rights under, and to comply with, UNILIFE SDN BHD obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations; and/or
- to process your purchase of any of the UNILIFE SDN BHD products and/or services;
- communicate with you;
- provide you with UNILIFE SDN BHD products and/or services requested;
- accept and process your entry to any contest;
- update you on UNILIFE SDN BHD latest products, services and/or promotions; and/or
- allow you to access certain sections of the Site where log in is required,
- and you may be required to terminate your agreement or discontinue your business relationship with UNILIFE SDN BHD.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
UNILIFE SDN BHD will not disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent except to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- companies within UNILIFE SDN BHD and their respective employees;
- your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to UNILIFE SDN BHD from time to time;
- UNILIFE SDN BHD business partners and affiliates that provide related products and/or services in connection with UNILIFE SDN BHD s business for joint promotions and/or contests;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your Personal Data confidential which UNILIFE SDN BHD has engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
- any party in relation to legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- UNILIFE SDN BHD auditors, consultants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisers providing advice to UNILIFE SDN BHD;
- any party nominated or appointed by UNILIFE SDN BHD either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where UNILIFE SDN BHD has a legitimate common interest;
- data centres and/or servers located within or outside Singapore for data storage purposes;
- payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to the UNILIFE SDN BHD in connection with your purchase of the UNILIFE SDN BHD products and/or services;
- government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices or municipality in any jurisdiction, if required or authorised to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal or queries from the relevant authorities;
- any provider of public utility or related services, whether or not governmental owned and/or any corporations approved and established for the provision of utility services and facilities,
- UNILIFE SDN BHD appointed product and/or service providers, suppliers or agents, to discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes;
- any persons, authorities or regulators to whom the UNILIFE SDN BHD is permitted or required to disclose to under the applicable laws; and/or
- the general public when you become a winner in a contest by publishing your name, photographs and other Personal Data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
UNILIFE SDN BHD aims to keep all Personal Data as accurate, complete, not misleading, up-to-date and reliable as possible. Therefore, the accuracy of your Personal Data depends to a large extent on the information you provide. As such, it is a condition UNILIFE SDN BHD providing the products and/or services to you that you:
- warrant and declare that all your Personal Data submitted or to be submitted to UNILIFE SDN BHD are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all respects for purposes of acquiring or using the relevant products and/or services and you have not withheld any Personal Data which may be material in any respect and that UNILIFE SDN BHD is authorized to assume the authenticity and up datedness of the Personal Data given by you when processing the Personal Data submitted by you to UNILIFE SDN BHD (and UNILIFE SDN BHD not obliged to independently verify any of such Personal Data); and
- you understand and agree to, the importance of the need to, update UNILIFE SDN BHD as and when such Personal Data provided earlier to UNILIFE SDN BHD becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, outdated or changes in any way whatsoever by contacting UNILIFE SDN BHD at the contact details below.
Subject to the exceptions provided under the PDPA, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your Personal Data held by UNILIFE SDN BHD. UNILIFE SDN BHD may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the PDPA) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, UNILIFE SDN BHD has the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is proportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons.
You have the right at any time to request UNILIFE SDN BHD to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data (for example, requesting UNILIFE SDN BHD to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
In addition, you also have the right to inform UNILIFE SDN BHD on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to UNILIFE SDN BHD subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any of your Personal Data provided to UNILIFE SDN BHD is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet the operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements of UNILIFE SDN BHD.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
UNILIFE SDN BHD is committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, UNILIFE SDN BHD endeavours, where practicable, to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your Personal Data.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, UNILIFE SDN BHD will put in place various security procedures with regard to the Site and your electronic communications with UNILIFE SDN BHD.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet.
UNILIFE SDN BHD cannot and does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond UNILIFE SDN BHD reasonable control.
PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS
- UNILIFE SDN BHD recommends you to read and understand the privacy statement/policy posted on those other websites in order to understand their procedures for collecting, processing, using and disclosing personal data and before submitting your Personal Data to those websites.